Every day we see something “new” in manufacturing. 3D Printed food, connected everything, cobots, and the list goes on. In fact, we’ve heard of these possibilities for decades. But something about these things seems a bit more real now than in the past. Like something important is happening[Read More ...]
In 2016, CIRAS started a journey to better understand the future of manufacturing, and how to help Iowa manufacturers get ready. What we found was that that future was already here. We decided to dive right in and launched the Future of Manufacturing series: 12 events focused on exposing companies to what’s next (and what is already hear that you might not know about).
During the past year, we’ve learned so much about manufacturing, Iowa, and the future. Leading manufacturers are quietly transforming manufacturing as we know it right here in our state. If you don’t believe the future is here, check out some of the great examples we highlighted this year:
- Iowa manufacturers Genesis Systems and Mechdyne teamed up to use Virtual Reality to cut the sales cycle by two months.
- 3D-Printed metal injection molds are being used in Iowa factories today.
- Small Iowa manufacturers are writing their own software to connect their supply chain and their shop floor.
- Companies are re-thinking their entire organizational structure and using Agile to speed up the product development process.
- Manufacturing USA institutes like the Digital Manufacturing and Design Innovation Institute are rapidly commercializing manufacturing technologies like never before.
In 2017, we also learned that we’ve just hit the tip of the iceberg. The pace of change is accelerating. Companies that have fundamental skills in engineering, digital technology, and information technology are innovating daily and are ready to separate from the pack. CIRAS and the NIST MEP National Network are ready to help guide you through this maze.
Today, we’re announcing our 2018 Future of Manufacturing series to help manufacturers get ready for “what’s next:
Machine Learning (May)
Emerging Global Markets (July)
Digital Manufacturing (August)
Attracting Global Talent to Iowa (September)
Water Technologies (November)
More details are coming. If you want to hear more about these events, be notified when we open registration, or even want to help, please reach out to me at firstname.lastname@example.org.