In March, CIRAS kicked off its 2018 Future of Manufacturing Series with Cybersecurity for Manufacturers in Cedar Rapids. While we all have heard about cyber attacks, ransomware, data theft, etc., cybersecurity too frequently falls into the “it won’t happen to me” category – especially for manufacturers.[Read More ...]
That is starting to change thanks to experts from Pratum, Procircular, BrownWinick, CRC, DMACC, Lightedge, and LMC, who gave attendees at our event some new insights into this increasingly complex world of cybersecurity and what it means for manufacturers.
Here are come of the key lessons we learned:
- IP theft through cyber tools is real, and it happens to Iowa manufacturers.
- Connected devices and the Internet of Things are increasing threats exponentially.
- While nothing is perfect, there are plenty of things you can do to protect your information, and there are some great professionals in Iowa who can help you.
- Data breach laws are complex, vary by state and country, and are evolving.
- Cybersecurity insurance can mitigate risks, but you need a good plan in place before getting insurance.
- Sensitive data on old devices is never really gone until the devices have been cleaned by an expert.
- Systems and controls are wonderful, but people at every level of your business are the key to an effective cybersecurity program.
- Cybersecurity standards like ISO 27001 and NIST 800-171 and others can help focus your information security plans.
Ready to act? CIRAS can help you scope out your cybersecurity needs and connect you with cyber experts across Iowa and the nation.
>For more information, contact Mike O’Donnell at firstname.lastname@example.org.