- The Quad City Times has a piece noting that MidAmerican Energy’s recent decision to dump another $3.6 million into wind energy sure gives Iowa “A new ‘calling card’ for approaching prospective businesses looking to locate” here – namely, cheap energy.
- Forbes has an opinion piece, based on a BSG Perspectives report that came out last fall, arguing that “Advanced Manufacturing is not a Job Killer, it’s a Job Creator.”
- If you’re interested in a peek at somebody else’s workforce problem, Wisconsin TV station WKBT has a story about an economic forum where a bunch of folks complained about their inability to hire skilled workers. The story quotes an industry group as saying Wisconsin has roughly 13,000 factory jobs that have gone unfilled for lack of bodies to fill them.
- If you’re looking for a broad overview of automation and how it’s “transforming the future of manufacturing,” you might want to check out this piece at a website called the IT Portal.
- Here’s another take on explaining how the math behind reshoring works: Forbes has a story about the makers of low-end 3-D printers. The story explains why they decided to do their production in the U.S.
- And one final thing you need to be thinking about: Milwaukee Business News has an article quoting some company’s survey, which finds that most manufacturers either don’t test or don’t know if they test to see whether they’re vulnerable to a computer attack.
Thanks for reading.
Follow us on Twitter (@CIRAS_ISU) for more. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to suggest specific content or topics for the Digest.