- First, for those of you not paying attention elsewhere, The U.S. Supreme Court legalized same-sex marriage across the country in a decision handed down this morning. The Des Moines Register version is here.
- ICYMI, according to The Des Moines Register, Kinze Manufacturing in Williamsburg announced earlier this week that it is laying off 215 workers due to lagging demand for the company’s grain auger carts and row crop planters.
- Meanwhile, KWWL-TV has an AP story that quotes the AAA crediting a “stronger economy, rising consumer confidence and cheap gasoline” for the expected high traffic volume on the highways for Fourth of July weekend.
- The Omaha World-Herald brings word that Asians are now Nebraska’s fastest-growing ethnic or racial group. (Iowa’s Asian population is growing, too, but the “growing” numbers remain very small.)
- The headline on the Market Pulse story says all you need to know: “U.S. Manufacturing and Housing Look More Positive.”
- And lastly, as you head out this weekend, consider this: According to the Sioux City Journal, Iowa’s craft beer industry accounted for more than $100 million in annual economic activity in 2014. Fifty-four craft breweries were in operation in Iowa at the end of last year.
Thanks for reading.
Follow us on Twitter @CIRAS_ISU for more information. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to request certain content for CIRAS Digest.