Here’s where to find it all:
- To begin with, Forbes has a piece on a new study out today on “The State of Manufacturing Technology.” Interviewed manufacturers say growing companies are focused on Big Data, cloud computing, mobile technology and the Internet of Things.
- Roll Call has a piece on the politics now at work trying to build support for passage of federal “Manufacturing Jobs for America” legislation.
- Meanwhile, the Sioux City Journal ran a piece over the weekend on a push for biochemical tax credits for ethanol and biodiesel.
- And the Motley Fool posted a piece wondering if biotech can “save American manufacturing.”
- Iowa young people continue to flee the state upon graduation from college, according to a new report from the Iowa Center for Public Affairs Journalism. There are videos, etc., available at iowawatch.org, or you can read the slightly edited version that ran in the Des Moines Register. The Mason City Globe Gazette ran a version, also.
- The Wilkes-Barre Times Leader calls forth a famous quote from Mark Twain to tell us that manufacturing is “holding steady” in northeastern Pennsylvania and reports of its death have been “greatly exaggerated.”
- And lastly, since you know us well enough to be reading this, you may want to go back and look at this Des Moines Register piece on growth at the Iowa State University Research Park. CIRAS is going to be a tenant in the new economic development building out there. They’ve promised us we’ll have new offices by July next year. (Look for more details in an upcoming issue of CIRAS News.)
Thanks for reading.
Follow us on Twitter @CIRAS_ISU for more information. Email email@example.com if you’d like to request certain content for CIRAS Digest.