First of all, Romney ain’t running. (No link, because you can find that one just about anywhere.)
- Secondly, Real GDP grew at an annual rate of 2.6 percent last quarter, according to the government press release.
- The Des Moines Business Record convened a panel of experts yesterday to discuss what’s coming around the corner, economy-wise. The outlook appears rosey, with a bunch of qualifiers attached.
- According to the Spencer Daily Reporter, folks at the Iowa Lakes Corridor Development Corp. are looking to honor a “Public Champion of Economic Development.” They’re taking nominations now for an award they’ll give away in the Spring.
- The Economist has a story on the apparently mild resurgence of manufacturing in London.
- And finally, Fox News has posted video of a $25,000 red-tinted industrial robot that reminds us of Johnny 5 from Short Circuit (if they’d have had tablets back in 1986). The Boston inventors are convinced that “Baxter” is about to “transform American manufacturing.”
Thanks for reading. Hope you’re finding this useful.
Follow us on Twitter (@CIRAS_ISU) for more. Email email@example.com if there’s something specific you’d like to suggest for the Digest.